Whether you are making the daily commute to work or taking off on a road trip, your car stereo provides hours of entertainment while you are driving. If you are like most car owners, you’re looking for a certain stereo that’s pleasing to the ears. So, if you are in the market for a stereo system, be sure to choose your equipment carefully. There are endless car audio options for you to choose from.
Below, we cover some tips for buying the perfect audio car system. Once you choose the product you’re looking for, our certified professionals can install it in-house.
The Three Essentials of Car Audio Equipment
If you want a powerful system that provides a full range of sound even when the windows are down, then you need to purchase these three essential components:
1. Stereo Unit. This is the part that lets you choose what you want to hear and what source you want to hear it from. Sources may include a standard AM/FM tuner, CD or DVD player, satellite radio, iPod or smartphone, or a USB input.
2. Preamp. This is where you make all the sound adjustments. The preamp section includes controls such as volume, balance, fader, source selection, and tone adjustments to sophisticated crossovers and equalizers.
3. Amplifier. The amplifier section boosts the small (low-voltage) audio signal coming from the preamp section into a larger (high-voltage) audio signal that's sent out to the speakers. Your amplifier is what ultimately gives you more power.
Features and Benefits of New Car Systems
A new stereo will give you better sound and more playback options than the typical factory stereo. Some of the features include:
● Improved Sound Quality
Superior built-in power and better circuit design ensure the car stereo produces cleaner, richer, more-detailed sound. Enhanced tone controls in the preamp section give you the ability to fine-tune the overall sound.
● Stereo Sources
One of the most common reasons to get a new car stereo is to expand your system's music playback and other capabilities. Aftermarket stereos offer advanced capabilities, such as:
○ MP3/WMA/AAC playback
○ Android and iPhone connectivity or input
○ Satellite radio
○ DVD playback
○ Bluetooth connectivity
○ GPS navigation
○ Pandora Internet radio and other app-related sources
● Sound Controls
Sound controls like digital time correction and parametric equalization are available on higher-end receivers if you want to tweak the sound.
Aftermarket car stereos with high-tech displays and cutting-edge layouts can enhance the appearance of your car's interior. Options include:
● Full-color animated displays
● Customizable color schemes
● Touchscreen monitors
● Animated lighting and color schemes
● Expandible Features
Auxiliary inputs, USB connections, and audio/video outputs let you expand your system by connecting portable music players, rear seat video screens, external amplifiers, and powered subwoofers to your new stereo. Look for a new stereo that has either a USB input or Bluetooth capability.
● Stereo Security
Features like detachable faceplates and security codes help protect your investment from theft.
Car Stereo Installation in Minneapolis, MN
If you are looking for a brand new car stereo for your sedan, SUV, or truck, then contact Mobile Installation. We offer complete stereo installation in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
To find out more about our products, visit our store in Brooklyn Park. If you have any questions or are looking for a product, you can also call us at 612-986-3332, or you can message us on our contact page.
Contact Us for More Information